BookTubers You Can Check Out

June 14, 2018





Welcome back, fellow bloggers and readers!
*Yeah, I changed my theme again but mainly because the Review Policy tab couldn't be accessed before in the old theme.

roc nation happy dance GIF by Mr. Paradise



It has definitely been a while since I've posted a YouTube recommendations video:

Which reminded me of a new founded community which I never expected to get interesting in before: BookTube!

Now, I know, I know, I've heard quite a few readers mention that they don't like Booktube because it seems fake, lack of diversity within the bigger YouTubers and so on and so forth. However, I think a way we can combat this is by supporting the smaller creators!

And don't get me wrong, I'm saying that you have to watch BookTube even if you really don't want to. Do what you like, I just want to give a few recommendations for some people that you might be interested in watching.

So without further ado:



1. Merphy Napier



Ever since subscribing to Merphy, I've not regretted it one bit. I believe I found her channel through a Non Romance book recommendation video? She's more of a romantic person, I believe.

She's very honest about her opinion and even points out harmful things in certain popular books that many reviewers leave out. I'm mainly referring to consent in relationships.

She reads a lot of YA Contemporary but also indulges in YA Fantasy and Classics!




2. BookswithEmilyFox


What can I say? Emily is honestly one of the most interesting BookTubers I'm subscribed to (okay, her channel isn't the smallest but her videos are good, Trust me on this, okay?). 

She is French-Canadian and I guess with all the French Canadians I've seen, English wasn't their first language? However, they learnt through a lot of immersion. I think Emily read a lot of English books but couldn't understand English some years ago. 

Like Merphy, she truthfully expresses her opinion and tells you exactly why she disliked a book. She doesn't read a ton of YA: mainly Sci-fi and Fantasy of the Adult category. 



3. ellias



Ugh.

This guy is so extra in his videos sometimes that I can't-

He doesn't post often (or maybe I haven't been watching him often *shrugs*) but he's pretty active on Goodreads with his reviews. He makes me feel bad for not reading more of the Mystery/Thriller genre. There's so much that I'm missing out on.

Check out his videos. If not, at least check out his Goodreads.



4. Cook Read Create



Amanda is a BookTuber whose creates Monthly Wrap Ups that I really look forward to. She's Australian and reads a ton of Australian YA, which more of us (we?) YA readers should read. 

Also, not really a super important fact but the books she often has in her videos have the prettiest covers? Like what the fudge...



5. iLivieforBooks




Olivia is a pretty interesting person. As well as a YouTuber, she's also an artist. She sometimes makes videos of her 'defacing' books. She reads a range of books, a lot of YA (I'm sure).

She's overall a lovely and adorable person and I hope you guys will her!




And that's all, guys! I guess this post reminded me of how awkward I really am. But it's okay, I'll improve in the future ^^

Hope you guys aren't feeling as slumpy as I am these days...





You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. brandonthebookaddict is one of the only Booktubers I've watched from this list-- I do agree is does get a bit extra sometimes! I want to check everyone else's channel out pretty soon. I hope you get over feeling slumpy! It's the worst feeling >.<

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | Ups & Downs (now at Story-Eyed!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprised someone else I know watches him! *high five*

      Thank youu!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of any of these booktubers. To be honest, I don't really watch many book-related youtube videos for some reason, I guess because there's so much other stuff to watch on youtube. I'll have to check these guys out though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much other stuff to watch xD True...

      I hope you like them. *thumbs up*

      Delete
  3. Hiiii, gurl !!
    Wow, it'd been a while since i last stopper by here :( I apologize for that hahah. THOUGH I LOOOOOVE THE NEW DESIGN <3 <3 <3
    When i first began reading your post, i thought i'd find the famous booktubers we all know. You know, Sasha Alsberg, jessethereader, etc, etc, etc. the typical ones. I watch them aaaaall the time and some others as well, though i didn't know any of the ones you mentioned today xD. So i'm checking them all out ASAP !!!
    THANKS FOR THIS LOVELY POST <3 I REALLY ENJOYED READING IT :3
    Kisses !!
    Juli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S OKAY. I'm especially bad at responding and reading blogs these days. Gosh. And thank you.

      Haha, I like jessethereader but I generally tend to prefer the smaller channels.

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. Booktube is one of my obsessions and I always love seeing new recommendations for creators!
    Some of my favorites are Mollie Reads, Life Between Words, and missemmareadsalot if you want more to check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty cool!

      I've heard of some... especially missemmareadsalot. thanks for the recommendations!

      Delete

Keep it all clean, man. Well, if you really wanna curse, use minor swear words. And I mean the minorest of minor ones.

"Or what?" you ask in indignation.

"Or else."