Trying Out Camp NaNo This July?

June 30, 2018





New font? Looks interesting. I'm trying it out.



Okay, so hello again.

I want to make this post quickly before the month ends because guess what? 

CAMP NaNoWriMo IS TOMORROW!

                                                  neil patrick harris what GIF by bubly


...because tomorrow is basically next month. Yeah.

Also, remember when I made a post last year about picking up writing again...




I haven't written much since then.

Laziness got the better of me but I made a New Year's Resolution to finish writing (and plotting... but in a pantser way) two first drafts this year.

The one I'm currently working on is a story I've started as a school project when I was in 6th class (6th grade). I was supposed to finish it that year but you know when you start writing stories and you get excited and then you go on and on and on?

That's what happened to me.

Originally, I wanted to simply give it up but I missed my characters so much and I wanted some kind of closure, you know?

And I wasn't fully content with the first version I've written, I've changed things up a bit.

However, I don't think I'll actually officially sign up to the site, mainly just try to write around a chapter or half a chapter each day.



Some Information on My WIP

Ugh, usually really dislike giving information of my stories because I'm just paranoid. Not of you guys who read and comment but when you're blog is out in the open and you don't have an agent or any representation that can protect your work, it can be scary.

But anyway, here are some details.

It's about:

2 Biracial Nigerian Girls (though not related)
They are best friends with this one boy
Though he's a bit of a jerk sometimes...
They are in their early teens
They're in Secondary School 
A couple of shenanigans
They're all against this one person who they don't like
But that person might have an ally for once...



Sure, I would like to give snippets but I barely wrote any and they probably wouldn't be that good, anyway?

And to make sure I actually do the challenge, I'll make a writing tracker in my bullet journal and simply allow it to make me feel bad for not writing.


Okay so what about you guys? I don't think anyone else is doing NaNo (by what I've seen) but I hope all you writers are having a better writing year than me!


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. OH MY GOD THIS IS SO EXCITINGGGGGG <3 <3 <3
    1) YOUR WIP SOUNDS AAAAAAWESOME !!!
    2) I've done Camp Nano once and done NaNo twice and it's such a fantastic incentive to just sit down and actually write. I'm gonna finally write my book this month, but not necessarily doing Camp Nano. Or maybe i will... Idk. It's July 1st already and i still haven't made out my mind hahahha :P
    This post was great <3 Happy writing and good luck !!!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      I hope you get to write it anyway!

      Thanks so much again!

      Hugs <3

      Delete
  2. I like the new font! Your story sounds amazing, best of luck on camp nano!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks xD Amazing? I hope it turns out okay. Okay, I need to chill with the self deprecation...

      Delete
  3. I hope your NaNo project went well! I am afraid to do NaNo myself, but I did work a lot on a story for most of July and I am so proud of myself...except that the story is pretty atrocious and I have NO IDEA what I'm doing. But I'm writing! So that has to count for something, right?
    I know what you mean about being paranoid. I myself am extremely paranoid, which is why I took so long to share snippets on my blog. I feel weird talking about my stories on the internet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. I did well at the beginning and then... I kinda slacked off :(

      Yes. That's way better than nothing!

      It's true. I hear a lot about copying and it really sucks that we have to be scared to share the things we like :(

      Delete

Keep it all clean, man. Well, if you really wanna curse, use minor swear words. And I mean the minorest of minor ones.

"Or what?" you ask in indignation.

"Or else."