Random Reflections: Camp NaNO, Korean Progress, Reading, Future

September 11, 2018

Wow, guys. 

Wow.

So I'm finally back after... not even being on a hiatus, actually.





I dunno.

I can't necessarily say that I'm sorry and yet I can't say that I'm not?

I fell into another slump!

                                             


                                                the fresh prince of bel air dancing GIF       


I don't even know how that happened? I just started to lose interest in reading and just started to watch some Korean dramas. I think my new favourite is School 2013. And it has NO ROMANCE! Do you know how hard it is for a Korean drama to have no romance?! And I think I might actually have an actor I might lowkey be a fan of? But he's going into the army soon for some time so that kinda sucks. 

...Okay, I know most of you guys don't care so I'll move on to the next topic now.


Animated GIF
Friendship. Goals.
                                   
So Camp NaNo was in July and I sort of took part in it? This is how it went:




Haha. hence: Camp NaNO

I know! I know! How could I give up so easily? *cries* I've completed around nine chapters so far? And a bit of chapter ten. I haven't written anything since then. However, I plan to finish it this month and maybe next month-ish? 

I'm not sure if you guys are interested in hearing about my Korean progress but last month I completed two online Korean courses? On kmooc? One for Beginners 1 and the other for Beginners 2. For Beginners 1, I got 95% which wasn't what I was super proud of because it was mainly basic stuff I've been learning again and again. I mainly did it because I thought I wouldn't be able to do Beginners 2 if I didn't do Beginners 1. For beginners 2, I got 70% which was decent? xD I'm planning on reviewing that grammar later on because it's stuff that I've been hearing a lot while watching dramas and variety shows and stuff but I couldn't quite grasp onto it yet.

                                      school studying GIF by SoulPancake

Currently, I'm reading The Poppy War and also Welcome To Lagos (which I haven't picked up since last week, ahem). Both are good but I need to return The Poppy War soon before I have to return it to the library. I also have some other books that I'm looking forward to so let's hope I get to those soon!


As for my future, I'm not going to uni but starting another college soon for a year. Tomorrow is induction. I'm ready to work harder than last year. I'm not too thrilled about how I didn't make it yet again but at least these courses are closer to what I want to do. Also, for one of the electives, I'm taking Creative Writing again, which I did the best in my previous courses.

I have to take one language and I believe I have to take French (because I think they're not teaching Spanish this year) which I'm not looking forward to because I'm so unprepared. I know that reason sucks but come on, I'm trying to pass as easily as I can! I do have some resources and I do have an idea of what I have to learn for the whole year so I'm not too intimidated? I just hope it doesn't set back my Korean and Spanish learning.

Edit: There is a Spanish elective available so I think I'll be able to do it! Yesh!

Another edit: I'm no longer doing that college course but one in a different college so I don't get to do Spanish but French and Irish which is quite challenging!

I'm not super excited about the future. I just hope it involves languages, writing and decent money. So... yeah.




Sooo what about you guys? Is anyone starting school? Are you enjoying it? If so...

                                       Jordan Taylor Blimey Cow GIF


Okay, I'm just kidding but, you know, I had to use this gif.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ooh, love the Blimey Cow gif, but I'm not sick at all. xD
    Glad to see you back once again!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it all clean, man. Well, if you really wanna curse, use minor swear words. And I mean the minorest of minor ones.

"Or what?" you ask in indignation.

"Or else."