Thoughts on My Sister The Serial Killer

March 12, 2019

Hello everyone!

So recently I made a post which kind of involved me mentioning my hiatus and that I'll be coming back. That was kind of annoying but I guess I will be coming back more frequently and I still have the header and graphics to fix. So yeah... 

On to the review..








Oyinkan Braithwaite


Mystery, Contemporary


When Korede's dinner is interrupted one night by a distress call from her sister, Ayoola, she knows what's expected of her: bleach, rubber gloves, nerves of steel and a strong stomach.
This'll be the third boyfriend Ayoola's dispatched in 'self-defence' and the third mess that her lethal little sibling has left Korede to clear away. She should probably go to the police for the good of the menfolk of Nigeria, but she loves her sister and, as they say, family always comes first. Until, that is, Ayoola starts dating a doctor at the hospital where Korede works as a nurse. Korede's long been in love with him, and isn't prepared to see him wind up with a knife in his back: but to save one would mean sacrificing the other.


This copy was given to me from Reader's First in exchange for a review on their website, my blog and Goodreads.


This book was somewhat mysterious but was not thrilling at all.

The story is told from Korede's perspective and set in Nigeria (woo-hoo!).

We get to experience the pain the protagonist feels when Ayoola usually has her way.

"These days, you look at me like I'm a monster."
"I don't think you're-"
"This is victim shaming, you know."

It was difficult for me to care about Ayoola. Being the pretty sister, she usually earned the favour of others with little to no effort. She also apparently had a lovely personality. I didn't care for her, especially since she was so indifferent about murdering her past boyfriends. Also, she at one point was dating a married man who gave her a lot of money.

Things get worse as Tade, Korede's long term crush, eventually falls for Ayoola. This hurts Korede: she has liked him for so long and even placed him on a pedestal. However Ayoola is less than impressed and claims that he's like other boys, liking her for only her good looks.

As time goes on Tade becomes whipped for Ayoola and refuses to hear the slightest criticism from Korede.



This eventually leads to him being put in jail as he stabbed her when she was trying to kill him. However, Korede took her side in the end.





So that's it! Have you read this? Do you plan to? What are some good mystery thrillers that you would recommend?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Keep it all clean, man. Well, if you really wanna curse, use minor swear words. And I mean the minorest of minor ones.

"Or what?" you ask in indignation.

"Or else."